Gondogoro La Trek
When: June- October
Duration: 20 days
Highlights: Views of K2, Broad Peak, Gasherbrum peaks, Laila Peak
Gondogoro La trek is one of the most challenging trekking holidays for trekkers. Before reading any further, please see Gondogoro La trek itinerary.
Gondogoro la trek is a 20-days journey which includes 13 days of trekking, it is suitable for experienced and adaptable trekkers with a strong sense of adventure. K2 Base Camp and Gondogoro la trek is considered to be one of the world’s great treks with breathtaking views of four 8,000m peaks and is thought by many to be one of the best high mountain treks in the world. K2 Base Camp Trek is been described as the “Throne Room of the Mountain Gods” for its unique panoramic view of 7,000m mountains and views of K2.
Gondogoro La Trek starts from Askoli Village, where we trek over Baltoro glacier to Concordia which offers views of several famous 6,000 m and 7,000 m peaks, several glaciers (including Biafo – world’s 3rd longest non-polar 63 km (39 mi) glacier).
This Trek is famous for two routes. Returning from K2 base camp via same route it is called “K2 Base Camp Trek” if extended the trek back route via Gondogoro pass is known as “K2 Base Camp & Gondogoro La Trek” This is demanding circular trek; the pass is very steep and crossing it requires the use of fixed ropes to ascend and descend. So, in a way, this is beyond more adventurous trekking. Gondogoro La connects Baltoro region with Hushey Valley, home to the exquisite Laila Peak (6,096m) and some small villages like Hushey and Kanday.
Gondogoro La Trek is famous as from top of Gondogoro pass (5,585) it offers breathtaking views of 8 thousand-meter peaks i.e. K2 (8,611m), Broad Peak (8,047m) and Gasherbrum Peaks.
Highlights – Gondogoro La trek
Gondogoro La trek has a lot to offers. Given below are main highlights of Gondogoro La trek:
- Views of K2, Broad Peak, Gasherbrum peaks, Laila Peak, Chogosila from the Gondogoro Pass
- Walking in Concordia and the Baltoro Glacier
- One of the world`s top 5 trekking adventures
- Experience the picturesque Hushe Valley in Pakistan
- Trek up to Godwin Austin glacier via Baltoro Glacier (5th longest and world’s largest outside the polar region)
- View 8,000 m peaks including Broad Peak (8,051 m) and K2 (8,611 m) from Goro II, Concordia & base camps.
- Views of other peaks between 5,000m to 8,000m including
- Gasherbrum-III and IV, Masherbrum Peak & more.
- Views of Glaciers (e.g. Biafo, Vigne, Liligo, Dunge, Muztagh, Biango,
- Mandu, Khalkal and more), lakes and streams
Itinerary – Gondogoro La Trek
Day-01: Islamabad and Rawalpindi
Day-02: Fly from Islamabad to Skardu
Day-03: Free day in Skardu
Day-04: Drive from Skardu to Askoli
Day-05: Trek from Askoli to Jhola
Day-06: Trek from Jhola to Paiyu
Day-07: Acclimatization day in Paiyu
Day-08: Trek from Paiyu to Urdukas
Day-09: Trek from Urdukas to Goro-II
Day-10: Trek from Goro-II to Concordia
Day-11: Broad Peak and K2 Base Camps
Day-12: Trek from Concordia to Ali Camp
Day-13: Trek from Ali Camp to Hispung
Day-14: Trek from Hispung Daltsampa
Day-15: Trek from Daltsampa to Saicho
Day-16: Trek from Saicho to Hushe
Day-17 Drive from Hushe to Skardu
Day-18: Fly from Skardu to Islamabad
Day-19: Free day in Islamabad
Day-20: Fly Back Home
- All domestic flights and road transfers
- All hotel accommodation (twin sharing room)
- All trekking accommodation
- All camping site and bridge fees
- All trekking logistics (all tents, non-personal equipment and tools etc)
- All meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner)
- Licensed professional guide (government requirement)
- Government trekking permit fees and paperwork
- Waste management fees (government requirement)
- Support staff (cook, assistant(s) etc)
- Porter for personal luggage (15 kgs)
- First aid medicine kit (basic)
- Satellite phone for emergencies
- D3V sleeping tent, Toilet Tent, Shower Tent.
- Personal travel insurance (suggestions only)
- Visa to Pakistan (five supporting documents will be offered)
- International airfare
- Personal equipment (e.g. trekking shoes, down jacket, walking sticks etc)
- Personal mountain equipment (crampon, mountaineering boot, ice axe, harness, two carabiners, helmet etc)
- Extra nights in Islamabad (hotel check in/out is 12pm) - additional USD 49 per night
- Tips/gratuities for guides, porters, staff etc
- Miscellaneous (minibar, bottled water, phone calls, laundry, souvenir etc)